Friday, May 6, 2016

Feature & Follow Friday: Favorite book genres


This week's prompt is "What are your favorite genres of books?"

Is "All of them" a good answer? I guess I don't really love true romance books that are all heaving bosoms, etc. But I do love a good book with romantic elements. I'm a huge fan of historical fiction, YA, sci-fi/fantasy and mysteries. Just as I was typing that, I realized there is one genre that kind of encompasses all of that: steampunk.

I haven't read much steampunk lit, but what I have read has been awesome. If you want to see what it's like (or you just want to read a hilarious series with a strong female lead) check out Gail Garriger's Parasol Protectorate series or her YA Finishing School series. Both are super witty and great, have intriguing mysteries, a little bit of romance and some unique paranormal elements.

What are your favorite genres? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy Steampunk too, though I didn't mention it in my post. I haven't read much but what I have I've loved. :-) Following via bloglovin'.

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'heaving bosoms' comment made me LOL!!!! :D I can't do those kinds of romance novels either! New Bloglovin' follower! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them is definitely a good answer. "Heaving bosoms" all the time can get a bit tiring after awhile lol. Followed via bloglovin'!

    Have a great weekend,
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of them is a great answer! Why make us choose!

    Happy Reading!
    My FF
    Peyton @A Bookish Mess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all these as well... but I like the heaving bosoms too. New follower via GFC.

    Bambi's #FF

    ReplyDelete